Google accounts can be used for many services. Not all services work on phones, tablets, or desktop systems. Google accounts are required for some devices. They do not have an input panel or can connect to a keyboard.
A different authentication method must be used to sign into such a device using a Google account.
Use any browser to go to google.com/device and enter the code
Chromecasts can be connected to your smartphone’s apps and connect to your Google account. Smart TVs, i.e. devices not manufactured by Google, still must have a Google account to be connected to the device via a code.
This code is displayed on your device and must be entered at a specific page you are directed to. This page is google.com/device
- Sign in to your Google account using your browser. To sign in, visit Gmail
- After signing in, will generate an authentication code for your device. This can usually be done via the device’s Accounts section or Set up section.
- Take the authentication code down.
- In your browser, go to the Google.com/device page.
- Enter the code and click next.
- Log in again, if prompted.
- After you have signed up, it is possible to close the page.
- Return to your device, and you will be logged in to your Google account.
Manage connected devices
Devices that connect to Google accounts via code cannot be disconnected from one. You must remove the device from your Google Account settings list of connected devices.
- Sign in to Gmail using your browser.
- Go to your account page.
- Select Security in the column to the left.
- Scroll down to the Devices section.
- Click Manage devices.
- Click the more buttons (three dots) button beside the device that you wish to delete.
- Sign up in the menu
- Sign out of your device.
How do you remove devices from Google Play?
- Go to the Google Play Store using your web browser. Click the small gear icon at the top-right and then click the Settings sub-menu.
- Now you will see the My Devices page, where all your activity in Google Play has been recorded. The page will display all devices that you have logged into Google Play, along with some details about each one.
- By checking or unchecking boxes under Visibility, you can decide whether the device should be included in menus.
- To give your gadgets a catchy name, click Edit. The default listing in the Play Store is Unknown gadget. You can identify which tablet or smartphone it is by giving it a nickname.
- After you have renamed the devices, click on the Update button at the far right to save the changes. These changes are universal and will be applied to all Google properties. This implies that all clear gadgets in your Play Store viable gadgets list as Android Device Manager will be renamed.
There is nothing to be concerned about on the Google.com/device webpage. The instructions are not provided on the device showing the code, so it isn’t very helpful.
Since the code cannot be forged, it is an infallible method of connecting your device. This code allows users to add devices to the same Wi-Fi network that a phone or desktop computer. It allows third-party software and hardware manufacturers to make it easy for users to connect to their Google accounts.
Official link – https://www.google.com/device